If you have experienced persistent and routine bouts of back pain, you're not alone. Pain in the back is a common condition. It's amongst the top twenty-five root causes of incapacity around the world, and it is likewise among the most common reasons people miss out on work or school. As a matter of fact, it's estimated that up to 85% of adults will suffer from pain in the back at some point in their lifetimes.
Pain in the back is often incredibly unpleasant and agonizingly troublesome. It can likewise substantially affect your way of living and limit your range of motion -- preventing you from engaging in things you enjoy or simply making daily activities more difficult than they need to be. For a lot of people, back pain is a long-term problem they need to learn to handle rather than resolve completely.
Luckily, there are a wide range of different methods to help alleviate the aches and discomforts associated with back pain. That being stated, one of the best methods for lessening pain in the back may shock you-- massage for pain in the back works marvels for many people dealing with this common problem. Massage therapy has also been revealed to be helpful in protecting against future back pain and improving the general quality of daily life for individuals with recurring back pain.
So if you are trying to find relief from chronic pain, keep reading to find everything you need to know about exactly how massage for back pain works and how it can enrich your quality of life.
What is Massage Treatment?
When people think about massage treatment, they often imagine a sequence of gentle strokes intended to relax and invigorate their stressed-out bodies. While relaxation is an appreciated perk of receiving a massage, it is not the only reason people pay a visit to a massage therapist.
Massage therapy is a form of hands-on treatment method that employs pressure applied to the body to create change in the body's tissues, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Massage therapists make use of their hands, fingers, forearms, and even elbows to apply different types of force to help alleviate pain and improve your general health and wellness.
How Exactly Does Massage Therapy Relieve Back Pain?
The precise reason massage therapy helps to ease back pain is not completely understood. However, research has discovered a number of possible reasons that might explain the benefits of massage for back pain. First, massage can help to untighten muscle tissues that have come to be tense or contracted because of long-term pain.
This is particularly valuable for back pain, as it's believed that most cases of pain in the back are caused by spasmodic or overactive muscles around the spinal column. Likewise, massage is able to help in reducing swelling in the body by increasing blood circulation to impacted locations. Finally, massage has additionally been shown to increase serotonin, the hormone responsible for managing mood and stress, which can help ease anxiety and minimize the experience of pain.
What Types of Massage Are Recommended For Back Pain?
The most effective kind of massage for back pain will depend on the kind of discomfort you are suffering with in addition to your special needs. Several kinds of massage can supply pain relief for back pain, including:
- Deep tissue massage - Deep tissue massage (or "myofascial release") is typically thought of as the gold standard for recurring pain in the back. It's designed especially to release muscle knots and is particularly successful for individuals who suffer from discomfort in the back, legs or hips.
- Shiatsu or acupuncture massage - Shiatsu massage integrates traditional Eastern acupuncture with the process of Western massage therapy, while acupressure massage is a type of massage treatment that uses the exact same components and techniques as acupuncture.
- Sports massage - Sports massage is designed to ease the effects of exercise-induced muscle pressure and soreness.
What Are The Rewards of an Excellent Massage For Pain In The Back?
A good massage for pain in the back can help you achieve numerous health rewards, including:
- Lessened discomfort and tension all throughout the body - Massage therapy has been revealed to reduce discomfort in some individuals by approximately 50%.
- Enhanced blood flow to the affected location - Improved circulation to the affected area can help the body to eliminate toxic substances and promote recovery.
- Increased relaxation and decreased anxiety - Soothing the mind and body can help you rest and recuperate quicker, as well as lowering your blood pressure.
- Stress Relief - Chronic stress has an immense impact on our daily health. Massage helps to relieve our continuous stress and lowers the level of stress chemicals in the body.
- Enhanced sleep quality - A more restful sleep can help relieve persistent discomfort and make you feel better through the day.
- Improved mood and outlook - Lots of people experience a substantial positive shift in state of mind as a result of massage therapy.
How Often Should You Receive a Massage For Back Pain?
It's advised that you get one massage every 2 to 3 weeks to get the best results and alleviate your symptoms of recurring back pain. If you have intense back pain, you ought to make a visit to see a massage therapist immediately. Massage for pain in the back can provide comfort for people of any age, including young children. Nevertheless, you should speak to your massage therapist about the most beneficial frequency and type of massage for your special set of conditions.
How to Choose a Great Massage Therapist
Discovering the right massage therapist for you is a vital part of getting the full rewards of massage treatment. You ought to search for a proficient massage therapist who's trained in the type of massage best matched to your needs. You also should ensure your massage therapist has excellent communication skills so you feel relaxed discussing your requirements and development.
It is additionally essential to choose a massage therapist who is an excellent fit for you on an individual level. After all, you will be putting in an hour in the presence of your massage therapist every couple of weeks. Choosing a massage therapist who is trusted and reliable is essential if you want to maximize your massage therapy sessions.
Massage for pain in the back is a great method to help alleviate muscle stress, promote restorative healing, and reduce discomfort for long-term results. This kind of hands-on treatment may be especially useful with individuals who experience regular and recurring back pain.
While massage therapy is normally a safe kind of treatment, you ought to speak to your doctor before making any changes to your health treatment strategy. Particular health conditions might make massage treatment less beneficial, or perhaps hazardous. If you're experiencing back pain, massage therapy can help ease your symptoms and boost your quality of life. It is very important to discover the right massage therapist for you, schedule frequent appointments, and follow a healthy lifestyle to get the most out of your massage therapy treatment.
Contact the massage experts at Ottawa Physical Rehab Clinic soon and we can begin relieving your knee discomfort and increasing your enjoyment of life. Now scheduling new massage appointments!